Friday, April 23, 2010

Hello, my pretties

Thought I'd share this somewhat interesting tidbit I experienced when eating in China. We went into the rural outskirts of Guilin for hot springs! Famous for the 'Guilin Gao' - or strange grass turtle jelly you can get in a can, rice noodles and scenery, it is also my Mother's hometown.

Most of their restaurants were by the side of the road, with fresh produce displayed out the front. Normally, you have chickens, and preserved pork, vegetables and even honeycombs - but this restaurant had an adorable creature sitting outside in a cage.


It was an adorable squirrel of some sort! I was immediately suspicious and horrified - of course, you're all thinking it as well - it was going to be eaten. But, I quickly asked my Aunt, who talked to the owners and assured me that it was merely a pet and a side attraction.



So adorable! Just look at its expression :) In fact, we loved it so much we were considering buying it to take home. Our Aunt asked if it was for sale, and they replied yes it was - BY THE KILO.

D:

For some reason, I don't think it's there anymore . . . .

4 comments:

  1. !!!!!!!!! OMG. why didn't you just take it and run =P.
    and How come they said it was merely a pet and then tried to sell it to you by the KILO!? you sure you didn't misunderstood her lol.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. RABIES! RABIES! IT HAS RABIES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @J Clearly, all lies. THEY WERE GONNA EAAAAT ITTT.

    @bosco: but it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know how I could contact Caroline Banh regarding HSC Chemistry?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete