Thursday, October 15, 2009

5 days and 24 cupcakes!

4 DAYS TO GO! And still not studying properly. (And Back on blog and baking, even after a super long hiatus) It's like the amount I get done is inversely proportional to the square root of the amount of time to exams (teehee, see if you can figure that one out! and apologies in advance for nerdiness.)

Yesterday was the first day I stayed home for the whole day in a long time. I think, during these holidays I've managed to go to every library in a 10mile radius. Carlo, Penno, Castle Hill, Parra, Epping, Eastwood, West Ryde, Hornsby ... and even Dundas (which really, is just one large room). So today also gave me the perfect opportunity to make cupcakes for Richard's 18th birthday! Spent three days doing this, baking the cupcakes, ganaching the cupcakes and then decorating them :)

Check it:
I know pink and yellow are a bit girly, but I thought it was a suitable match for his *ahem* bright shirts. And really, how can you make cupcakes manly anyway? It was also a good excuse for me to test run making cupcakes for Tiff and Geoff's Wedding :) (200 cupcakes in 2 days baby :P It's gonna happen)

Yes. A wedding. They weren't going to have a cake, so I offered to make them one. I was fully ready to make a three tier and gorgeous cake, but realised that making three huge cakes and fondanting them without any prior experience AND during my HSC was just asking for trouble, so instead I settled for wedding cupcakes. And forgoing the opportunity to make wedding cupcakes in order to study for HSC ? Nonsense :P What HSC? What is this HSC of which you speak?
Also, the picture quality is pretty shoddy, because I took them with my mobile phone, since Jen still has the camera in Europe. (sigh). However I'm really excited because I might be going to join her in January! EUROPE! Can you imagine? Think of all those lovely pastriesss :P Maybe I can run away to pastry school and not come back.





Anyhoo, though it's too late for me, STUDY HARD EVERYONE!


AZA AZA FIGHTING! (:P Just rewatched full house - great for procrastination)

P.S. Cupcake designs were also shamelessly ripped off from my idol Su Yin, (http://www.cookingismypassion.blogspot.com/) who incidentally, after finishing a bachelor degree in Sydney, went to America and did a pastry course before returning to her home in Malaysia and starting up her own designer cake business. Neat, huh?

10 comments:

  1. OOOOO they look really cute and sweet .... and incredibly tasty.
    Also, good luck baking all 200.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG KELLY THEYRE SO GORGEOUS AND LOOK LIKE THOSE PHOTOS FROM THOSE COOKBOOKS.

    Sounds like you havn't done much study but oh well. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW KELLY! *drools over your blog*

    I bet your favourite library visit was Castle Hill cos I WAS THERE ;D

    STUDY HARD KELLY. CYA ON THE OTHER SIDE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these look amazing! You should do Masterchef :)

    200. I can't think of 200 of anything I could do in 2 days. :P Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha dam, I wouldn't eat those cakes, just keep them to look at.

    thashan

    ReplyDelete
  6. NGAWWW these are really pretty! and don't you dare not come back :O what would I do?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe, loved them.
    They taste just as good as they look. Had one today in the morning, talk about a sugar boost!

    Thanks kelly, for everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. they're so pretty - i'd just stare @ them and not eat them :P i mean who would want to put something that beautiful into their mouths *glare*

    i'm envious XD

    saw you @ west ryde but was too shy to say hi :P sister was borrowing books, saw you and michelle with two others..i think =D

    study hardd =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. SOOOOOOPRETTTTTTTYYYYYY

    ♥♥

    Can't believe it took me so long to realise you had updated.

    FINALLY KELLY. FINALLY :D I love these blogs

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey kel, LOVE the idea of the flat muffin and absolutely LOVE the look of them! you must get your sense of style from me xoxo *flicks hair*

    ReplyDelete