Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mmm... shoes?


Mm. I love cake. And I love shoes. Have you seen those pretty babies at Peeptoe? I popped by Castle towers today, and man are they just the most beautiful things I've seen! Too bad they're $250 each :(
But normally, cake and shoes don't mix. I mean, how many times have you dropped that gorgoeous cream sponge cake on your shoe? (Actually, I don't think I've ever done that . . . yet)
Anyhoo, I present to you cake in a shoe
This was my first foray into fondant, and I have to say, it was really fun! fondant = playdough for aspiring chefs. It was a late birthday present cake for a friend who loves her converse, and I was pretty pleased with the result. I wanted to make the converse shoe box, but I ran out of fondant




(The cake was a rich chocolate cake covered in ganache)

6 comments:

  1. So you eat the shoe?
    3 PPL TO HAVE DINNER WITH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT IS SO COOL. Congratulations Kelly.

    (MUAHAHAHAHAH. I can stalk you know =D Consider yourself stalked :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow nice. Congratulations

    Harhar Aryan nice name

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is frkn awesome :)
    looks similar to the ones i saw @ the Easter Show Cake display. you should enter their competition next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. =O OMG you shouldve stuck some fondant bubblegum on the bottom just for laughs. (not that anyone would have seen that though) ^_^

    Good job kel! It looks deliciously sugary <3

    ReplyDelete