Friday, November 6, 2009

Geoff and Tiff's Wedding!






So after three days of baking and decorating I finally made 180 cupcakes! (Yes I know the original aim was 200, but I may have eaten, one or two . . . or several :P)

It was actually really tiring, but also really fun and thanks so much to Michelle who helped me bake, and Amanda and Ally who helped to decorate! By the end, I was so tired, that some of them turned out really quite dodgy, but ah well :P I'm still learning, which is what counts! While I was baking them all, I was thinking though, if this was what it was like for professional cake decorators. Do they have to stand all day and make hundreds and hundreds of cupcakes? Or cakes? And I realised how tricky it was trying to make a perfectly square cake, which is still didn't really manage, but oh well.

Visual Arts. Sigh. The bane of my existence. Yes, the HSC LIVES ON. Speaking of which, does anyone know when nominations for Art Express come out? I'm rooting for you Janette!

And also! It's official! I'm headed to Europe to meet up with my sister mid-december :) I timed it well, so I can miss out on all the hoo-haa when ATARs come out hopefully :P If all goes to plan, I'll be leaving Sydney on December 15th arriving in London on 16th, travelling around Paris, Spain, Italy before going to HongKong and flying back to China to visit relatives and then getting back to Australia in FEB 17th! 2 months, hurrah!

9 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSH KELLY :D They look so pretty!

    Man, I haven't seen Mandy in eons !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MISS Kelly :)
    guess who's stalking you?
    its Nancy bwuahaha :p

    the cupcakes look great! theyre look almost too good to eat :)
    goodluck for your final VA exams,
    i shall be cheering you on!
    goodluck for ARTEXPRESS this year,
    i would not be surprised if your work is selected! :D

    GOODLUCK again
    take care & have the best break ever!
    <3333

    p.s did you cut your hair? It looks HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow kel these are so nice ! ;D
    awesomeeee .
    i hope youre doing well and studying hard for va lols and unlikely i will get into art express with one slashed painting haha.
    anyway, these cupcakes look mad professional !
    i am very impressed (:

    and damn your holiday plans sound so fun womann
    ill see on wednesday ! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I have come back to your blog after your reminder (: Those cakes are freaking gorgeous D:


    GOOD LUCK FOR VA AND SEE YOU SOOOON (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! Hey nancy :) It's good to hear you're still alive and kicking! i hear you don't go to the art centre anymore?

    but thanks for the lovely comments, I checkd out your blog, and what you're doing is amazing! I'l totally buy whatever you end up designing, and also those are my firends in the picture, so sadly no hair cut yet. but i was thinking of goins upershort, no i'm not so sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very late to see your update but HURRAHH these are beautiful, and as me and connie have discovered, very hard to make (A)

    YAY SEE YOU SOOON before you jet off to europe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREETINGS KELLY =DD (this is isabella btw tehehehe=P) Hope you are enjoying your holidays yeh?!
    Oh! and let's open up a patisserie!! =DD
    <3 ya! bye =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. omgg u freakk
    officially hiring u to make cupcakes for my wedding! somewhere in the future...

    and ur blog is just LOLS in a good way of coursee

    xxx
    tairabanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI KELLY :D
    (aditi here)

    wow, I found your blog late. is it ok if I add you to my blogroll?

    ReplyDelete